Minimum Charge question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CoreyD, Mar 17, 2007.

1. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

hey yall i got a call from a lady today she has a very very tiny yard maybe... 20 minutes at the most to do the basic weed eating edging and mowing..... i was thinking my minimum price should be set at $30.... is that too high or too low?
  2. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

You have to know your market to know your minimum...Mine is set at $35 but I try and target the Mid-level to High-level income families...It is not worth taking all of my equipment off the trailer for less than $35...

If you can operate cleanly and turn a profit for a minimum of $30 then go for it...
  3. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

sounds fine to me
  4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Weekly - $32.50 minimum unless they have an extremely quick lawn.
    Bi weekly - $37.50 minimum, absolutely no exceptions.

Yours sounds good. I just have a problem with guys that advertize that they will beat anyones price or they will mow any lawn for $15 or $20.
  5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I advertise 30.00 as my minimum...

I have one customer who is a 25.00/week cut trim and blow, but it's extremely small. 18 minutes from the time I shut the truck off in the driveway to the time I start it up to back out. That's an exception to my rule though.
  6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I say that is my minimum... but I do make exceptions. I have a new lawn that takes 6 minutes to mow, trim, edge and blow. I charge him $25 per week. I also have another lawn grandfathered in at $20.
  7. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

Up here in Ohio we are only getting $20.00 for yards that small.Mowing trimming and blowing.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked one up this week $25.00 every week it's a old customer that i used to mow she moved and got married the hubby cut for two years and decided to call me she stated that cutters in my area hit her for $25.00 but it's easy 10 minutes at the most.
  9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Id start at $30-$35 for a minimum if its a really small yard
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting we pick up a lot of small yards because most companies overbid them and since we work the areas no problem. And all the bi-weekly cuts are easy money since those all get overbid also.