minimum price on flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cl&l c.c. Tx, Aug 22, 2006.

1. cl&l c.c. Tx

cl&l c.c. Tx LawnSite Member

I am about to put out a couple thousand flyers, do you guys think I should put my minimum price on the flyer or not?

2. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

No that would minimize your calls for bids because the person receiving the flyer doesn't know how much their landscape cost.Might scare them off basically.

3. cl&l c.c. Tx

Yeah thats what i thought , but I don't want to be overwhelmed with people calling for a $15 cut.

4. Dr Green

Dr Green LawnSite Member

What are you advertising? Mowing? Seeding? if mowing , I have used a price range in the piece. Works well...

With Microsoft word, this is so easy to do . If you are in certain neighborhoods, you have an idea what most cuts cost. Use a range like

" Typical lawns about 35-40 dollars" or whatever. If your in a ritzier neighborhood, edit the numbers in Word and jack it 10 bucks.

If they have ageneral idea about what something costs, then you wont get the old ladies or brow beating lazy 30 year olds looking for the neighborhood kid at 15 bucks a week.

When they do call , you can always adjust if you get a property that is 2 acres wide. They also wont be surprised when you drop a 40 dollar price on them. They were expecting it.

Saves a lot of wasted time, and you dont ever have the pressure of giving in for 25 bucks when your being haggled.

Always worked for me in the past ...

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

no price. they will expect to pay the price you put on the flyer.

6. bugmen

bugmen LawnSite Member
    from 08012

never put a price there alot of scum bags out there trying to steal business

7. cl&l c.c. Tx

Maybe i should just tell them my minimum price over the phone when they call, that way if they want something for nothing they can call someone else. I would have to just make sure they understand that is just my MINIMUM price and that it could be higher. What do you guys think about that?? Oh yeah and this is pretty much for just your typical mow, trim, blow.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Many of the larger residential companies put the price on the door hangers. I received one from a company we all know and it had different prices for weekly cuts, bi-weekly, and cuts on Thursday and Friday. Normally the prices by large companies are lower than what a solo would want to receive. If I was only wanting to get a few yards I wouldn't put the price on the door hanger. If your price is greater than the big company they might not call. Once you get a call and visit you could have a better chance of getting a greater amount for mowing...

9. shamus78

shamus78 LawnSite Member

$15.00 a Lawn I won't Leave My House For Less Than $35 A Lawn

10. cl&l c.c. Tx

Neither would I, but here in south Tx. a lot of people will.