Minimum Price

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawn Pro's, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Lawn Pro's

Lawn Pro's LawnSite Member

I'm wondering if my minimum price of $35 is a good minimum. I've been told to raise my minimum to $45 but I have a few yards at $35 , $40 and $45. I'd just like some advice if anyone has any.

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

If that takes care of the bills and makes you a profit. Ours is $45.

3. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I have lots of $25 dollar yards and a lot of competition offering to do those small yards for $20-$22 so that wouldn't be a good Idea for my area.

4. coqui landscaping

coqui landscaping LawnSite Member

me too thats the truth

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on what your running.... I had a guy today thought we were too high at 125.00

truth is, I wont unload for under 75.00

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

my lowest is $25 and thats for small lawns

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

It does truly depend on what you are running. You need to be able to make money no matter the size of the property. Someone running 21" mowers will probably have a lower minimum than someone who runs all 60" mowers. For me, My minimum is $30 but I do have a few that are $25 because the lawns are next to each other or accross the street, so I only need to unload once and I can knock out the ones next door to each other in under 30 minutes (15 minutes each) to mow, trim and blow.

8. Mckenzie's Maintenance

Mckenzie's Maintenance LawnSite Member

agree everyone has there min. that they must make on their equipment....I have none now that are min..but mine used to be 30$ to drop the gate...

9. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I'm about in the same boat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. fastbs

fastbs LawnSite Member

$25 here that's for one guy less than 35 min of work including drive time. I have 2 of these.