Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vipermanz, Sep 10, 2001.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any o you out there have a minimum price for services?If so please post so i can get a better idea of how i'm doing.
    Currently mine is $35.00 is that bad? Good? Average?
  2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

viper, when you ask if people have minimums you have to consider what typeof market they have and what type of clients they have. i would also have to say what size properties they have, because its different where you are from compared to me. but in awnser to your question i don't have a minimum if a yard is within a route, meaning on a same street as others. if a yard is close to a route i have a minimum of $25 a cut. my average size lawn is about 22,000-25,000 and i get $27 a cut, average time 25mins.

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I try to get at least $35 when I can. Sooooooooooo many lowballers around here that its tough to do sometimes. So I turn them down most of the time if the customer doesn't like my price.
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I'm confused. :confused:

I can't keep up with you. Are you now mowing again? How big are these 2 lawns and do you get more than $35 for one or are they $35 each?

I have one customer we do 6 lawns for. 5 of these are completely furnished executive rental properties, just bring your clothes. The smallest one has a little less than 1 k of turf and we get $25 for it and the biggest is about 8 K and we get $40 for it. We do the 5 rentals in less than an hour. To answer your future question, yes we mow these postage stamp lawns with the 60" Chopper since I do not own a w/b.
  5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering the same thing, Eric.

Well at least he's building up his # of posts, thats the important thing!:p

I get a $25.00 min "drop gate charge"
  6. dhicks

dhicks Member

Typically, my minimum is $35.00. However, I do some small townhouses that are together for $22.50 each and could be cut with the trimmer :D
  7. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Everything this year has been min. of $35. I have a few 1-2k lawns from other years I do for less.

Viper sure is running up some #'s considering he is 15 and not mowing. Most educated none cutter I know. ;)
  9. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

With the exception of the Orthodontist building in which I only charge $15. I dont even drop the gate, just lift off the 21" Airens w/ bagger off the trailer make one pass down and back on a 20 ft strip. Lift back onto trailer, no blowing, no trimming required. Its a 4 minute stop. I guess I would look stupid running the Lazer Z on this one!!
  10. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

But I do not have very many at that price. Most are higher.