1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MInivan and Trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by EasylyConfused, Apr 11, 2005.

1. EasylyConfused

EasylyConfused LawnSite Member

Here is my former trailer setup. Today I went out and bought a $2750.00 6X12 open Trailer. Keep in mind that's a canadian price. It's galvanized with 15" Highway tires, a 2 piece 4 foot rear gate. 8 Rake, broom, shovel holders, 18in sides, and 36 cargo Tirdowns. The rails have pockets so I can attach higher sides if I wish, and It has electric breaks! I'm drooling and I don't even have it yet! I can't wait. I pick it up in 2 weeks. I bought it brand new and hope to keep it for a many years!

I am still going to use the minivan but the snowmobile trailer is history! I bought it used in the country for $450, put some money into it and sold it for $925.00. I most likley could have got more if I sold it at the beginning of the winter instead of the spring. On the trailer is my JD L110, and Lawnboy mower. I also have a Yard Works lawn mower from Canadian Tire that is mulch only to go on the new trailer.

I hope to expand to a truck by this winter, but I also have to pay for my University Tuition! I'm simply doing the best I can! I have 7 Residential and 2 Comercial accounts so far. I hope to do about 4 times that or more!

Van & Trailer.JPG

2. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

looks very unproffesional
  3. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

For now that setup is perfect. Get some magnets for that van and your looking good.You might turn that family van into a junker in time.

You have to work with what you have. Post some pics when you get your new trailer. Where do you put all of your stick equipment?
  4. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

you might as well pull that with your bike :)
  5. gotgreen?

gotgreen? LawnSite Member

lawnandplow42, the only real job you start from the top is digging holes.

EasylyConfused keep it up, with what you have and if you keep a good spirit, it will get better in no time.
  6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Wow.. I don't think that deere will hold up for long. How big are your properties?
  7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, but this is TOO FUNNY!! I don't know which I would be laughing the hardest at if I saw this coming down the road, that dorky looking trailer, being pulled by mommy's mini van, or the fact that the cheapest Home Owner JD lawn Tractor you can buy that Home Cheapo sells was the "commercial mower" on the dorky trailer. At 18 you should have known better than to post this if you didn't want to take some heat.
  8. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

All I can say is WTF?????????? :D
  9. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

the heat is on... :blob3:

but you gotta start somewhere...
  10. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Agreed LOL