1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Minneapolis, MN

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Personaltouch, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Personaltouch

Personaltouch LawnSite Member

just starting out here.
  2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hope you have a rainsuit Personaltouch. Just got done scraping my deck from all the muck & crud that last week brought us. Still wet & cold up this way, but it looks like it may get better by tomorrow. You actually in Mpls. or a suburb? I just moved here from Champlin/Brooklyn Park. 15 years in the cities was enough for me, now got 15 acres to roam around and nobody could care less about what I do in my yard. Good luck this season!

3. Personaltouch

Personaltouch LawnSite Member

in western burbs. I still work full time because I want to do quality not quantity at first, any good connections for me I am using a snapper rider, a push, trimmer and back pack blower, I also bought an inclosed trailer because of our wonderful weather.
  4. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I see you're in Minnetonka, I would think you should be able to do a good business there, quality is without doubt more important then quantity. I'm doing the same thing as this is my first year. As for connections, I'd start with your neighborhood then go around and find some places that need mowing. Commercial seemed to be my best avenue up here due to the fact people up here think it's a luxury to have someone else mow their yard. Maybe go to some business parks like the Opus area and check out the lawns there, and etc. Drop off some flyers, or business cards, but also ask if you can look at the lawn and leave them a price before leaving. Otherwise, they will likely just stick with who they currently have or find another LCO. Realtors are another good source I found, they typically own rental property and need someone to mow. Good luck!
  5. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

what do you do Fulltime?
    I am in the same boat as you!
    Started partime LCO and am planning on fulltime next spring.
    now that I'm in this business, I notice all the competition we have!!
    I swear I passed 3 trailers this morning, one after another!
    where are you getting your commercial stuff?
    I have met a few good reps

6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey personal touch, what part exactly in Minnetonka are you from. I just moved from there a little over a year ago. I was off of plymouth road and MTKA BLVD. Stanton Dr to be exact.
  7. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

Hey Lawncare3,
    Funny you mentioned you just moved from MN to Co. I just moved from Castle Rock, CO about a year and a half ago to MN. I think you made a good choice. I sure miss the mountain riding!!!! Deep powder, Extreme hill climbing sled junky hear. Now my Co buddy's call me a flatlander!!

"In Envy"
  8. VanceTrendov

VanceTrendov LawnSite Member

I am new in the business about 2 Months, and i am looking for people to network with. I get some business that i cant take becaues of location. Anyone in Minneapolis suburbs leave your contact information for me.

Vance Trendov
    LV Lawn & Landscaping

Changing my name to > Trendov Property Services
  9. CGLC

CGLC LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone is selling a used lawn trailer 6x12 or larger.
    If i find a replacement i will be selling a 5x8 "04
    David 651-206-8456
  10. brookside property

brookside property LawnSite Member

hey guys i am selling one of my mowers i have a 52" lesco hydro for $1000 obo its in really good shape i need to sell it so make me an offer, pm me or call 612-987-2900 thanks