Minnesota Lawn and Landscape Network!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by cbservicesllc, Mar 30, 2013.

1. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

Nah week from then. Hopefully the grass isn't 10" tall
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. spronk1

spronk1 LawnSite Member

Yes, Part of me was thankful for the snow to keep customers at bay. Unfortunately with the beautiful weather over the weekend the phone was off the hook yesterday. It amazes me every year how quickly people forget that we just had a major snowfall 4 days prior and they are wondering why the spring work is not done and why there grass isn't green yet.

Most of the jobs I did yesterday(residential) went fairly well. In fact, the dust was flying by the end of the day.

Still have not received my trailer. Supposedly done by Thursday the 24th now.

3. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

Please charge more for your services. Your time is worth more than just getting by paying the bills.

Make money people, that's what this is all about. Not who can charge the least.

Do not sell on price alone. Sell yourself, your company, create a ******* future for yourself.

If all you do for a proposal is emailing or leaving a price on the door hoping you have the lowest price you are doing it wrong.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  4. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc LawnSite Member

The week is only going to get colder... NWS has rain/snow from Saturday night through Monday night then snow Tuesday for me...

I'll second that... it's not just a commodity you can buy off the shelf...

5. spronk1

spronk1 LawnSite Member

SO TRUE! Are you referring to the BLUE posting signs that one of the companies put up? They put up Fertilizer Posting signs throughout some of the neighborhoods stating " we haven't fertilized your yard yet but we can" and then they have application prices starting at $32/time. I don't care how small a yard is. Who still only charges $128 - $160 for an entire season of fertilizer and weed control?

Or the one I found on Monday that says, "dethatching - Just $70"

ALso, Here is a nice link for ground temps from the NWS. I think someone posted it over on Plowsite but wasn't sure if same one.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=mpx&storyid=101701&source=0

Dealer supposedly on way to manufacturer to pick up my trailer tonight and then I will be able to pickup tomorrow morning. Have my fingers crossed that it is built to the correct specs.

6. spronk1

spronk1 LawnSite Member

Ran into MJW at the dump today. Good Meeting you. Now I can put a face to the name.

7. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it the MN Turf Care or something like that? They tagged my neighborhood's newspaper boxes this year with brochures that stated fertilizing/weed control for all lawns $47 as well as several of my clients neighborhoods. At least they raised their prices from all lawns for $45 last year! :dizzy:

It's always good to meet others from this thread and the MN Snow one. :waving:

8. spronk1

spronk1 LawnSite Member

Extremely Disappointed with Mid-sota Manufacturing. First off, there communication level sucks café. 2nd of all, my trailer came in on Thursday afternoon and it was built to the wrong specs. Now I have to send the trailer back and wait for them to build it correctly. Very uncooperative. They refused to allow me to take the one that they built to use until the correct one is ready. So here I sit trailer less yet. So part of me is thankful for the monsoon of moisture that we wont be on the lawns for a week doing cleanups.

I can guarantee I will never recommend Mid-sota Manufacturing to anyone looking for a trailer strictly based on their poor customer service.

9. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

At least the weather sucks and we can't do anything but sit around and wait for stuff to dry out

10. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc LawnSite Member

Wow... that's really too bad... I was looking into a trailer from them...