Minnesota Lawn and Landscape Network!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by cbservicesllc, Mar 30, 2013.

1. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

The guys at JDL in Plymouth/Hamel have always treated me well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. spronk1

spronk1 LawnSite Member

Super Stoked. My trailer was finished at Midsota yesterday morning and I was able to pick it up yesterday afternoon. The paint was still tacky when I got to dealer. So far I am happy with it(only pulled it 2 miles down the road so far from dealer to home). Today I have to get all the racking set up and put the mowers on to place the straps. My favorite part so far is that the front of the dump is removable so I will be able to drive mower up ramp, into box and unload and go without having to manually lift/shovel debris into the dump and no need to hook up the leaf loader for spring cleanups.

Midsota FFRD 20' Gooseneck Trailer resize 2.jpg

3. Justinknipp

Justinknipp LawnSite Member

Thank you all for your quick replies. I will check them out today.

Awesome trailer Spronk1! Seriously jealous right now!

4. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice! I actually saw your trailer sitting in front of top notch equipment when I was on 169 south yesterday afternoon. I thought the way it looked sounded familiar.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc LawnSite Member

Spronk did you get it from Top Notch?

6. spronk1

spronk1 LawnSite Member

Yes, I did purchase it through Top Notch equipment. MJW, that was the one you saw on Friday. Had to have them re-order the ramp gates on the side as they are too short. Having a heck of a time getting the mowers loaded up. Current ones are 4' new ones will be 6' I hope that is long enough. If that does not work, will have to have a custom set of Bi-Folds built.

7. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Well Im super jealous. Whats the damage on one of those?

8. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc LawnSite Member

Just a hunch, but I think the dealer may have been your issue, not the manufacturer... I've had a couple negative experiences with Top Notch...

9. spronk1

spronk1 LawnSite Member

I will admit they I do not blame the whole fiasco on MidSota. Unfortunately I did not have a good feeling about the whole thing from the beginning with Top Notch. The only reason I ended up going through them is because they are only 2 miles from my house. The other dealer I was getting pricing from was an hour away and that guy did not seem interested in helping out. Took several calls of me calling dealer and weeks just to get answers and pricing. That was central trailer sales. I did try going direct with Midsota, but they were not easy to deal with either as they did not seem interested either. Just an unpleasant experience all around with both top notch and midsota.

On a positive note the trailer seems well built and so far I am really happy with it. This week will be the true test as I get spring cleanups rolling again today.

10. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone near me want to fertilize my properties. I don't do fertilizing and am tired of trying to deal with true brown and some of the others in the area. if anyone is interested let me know and send me a PM. I have a few that need to be done soon.

Thanks