Minnesota Lawn and Landscape Network!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by cbservicesllc, Mar 30, 2013.

1. spronk1

spronk1 LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever heard of or bought mulch from a company called CERES Mulch?
    I just got 4 flyers in the mail from them listing there 2013 prices for mulch. I do minimal mulching but the pricing looks very competitive.
  2. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc LawnSite Member

I got their flyers as well. I've heard of them, but I haven't heard anything outstanding about quality. I don't have a first hand experience though...
  3. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Great quality and great to work with. We (the Hort dept @ my school) actually did a "field trip" there last Sept, took a tour around the whole place and they gave us the run-down on everything, how it's made, what the mulch is made of, what sells the most and when, the true benefits of mulch and the other products they have such as this ultra fine compost material (a bi-product of mulch) that some use as fert and apply with a drop spreader, also, the entire company's operations with storm clean up and commercial plowing and everything else. All in all, a great supplier. Most landscape supply places in the NW metro get their mulch from them, further north is Sylva. Only downfall to Ceres is they're only open until 5pm.
  4. AuroraMSP

AuroraMSP LawnSite Member

I've used Ceres mulch over the past few years. Good stuff. I've also worked for them doing asphalt work at their place on Brooklyn Blvd and worked for them out of state on some disaster cleanup work. Great company to deal with.
  5. lawnguy01

lawnguy01 LawnSite Member

We do work in Lakeville
  6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have some fert. accounts in south west Lakeville, you still looking for someone?
  7. lawnguy01

lawnguy01 LawnSite Member

You're right in our area! Nice!! What services are you offering? How are sales this year?
  8. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

OK. I will subscribe...... Anyone have any leads for a john deere hd200 sprayer??? It also looks like we can finally put the plows away.. Who would have thought I would be slinging salt on april 23rd......
  9. Green Grass

Green Grass LawnSite Member
    from MN

Lawnguy73 sent you a PM
  10. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc LawnSite Member

How ominous is the cleanup start date looking for everyone? I'm trying to be an optimist and think May 8... The temps the next week will make a huge difference obviously...