Minnesota RAIN!!!!! PLEASE

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Jun 13, 2007.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

it's only early june and everything is brown.

i typically have a busy day tomorrow but they are not growing.

there is no rain in the forecast for like 4 more days. THIS IS NOT GOOD.

any other Minnesotans feeling the pain?????

2. NewWave

NewWave LawnSite Member

Indiana here but we havent had rain in a few weeks and that wasnt even a good rain. We need a solid week of rain. I would be happy to take off for a week and let everything come back to life. Mowing is coming to a dead halt here. Everything is brown. Sucks!

3. grass disaster

well we finally got some rain , 1.5 inches at my home. in about half hour

we got lots of small hail but in the town next to me this is what they saw.

it's been about 3 weeks since we got rain. i guess when it rains it pores!!!

hailll.jpg

4. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

You must be near the Twin Cities too.... I'm only mowing a neighbors lawn this year with her new zero turn. I collect clippings for her garden to use to keep out weeds. The lawn has been so thin this year that its hard to get enough clippings on a 3 acre lawn. Do you remember last summer? I mowed almost nothing during the month of july.

5. grass disaster

yeah!! i think i had about 3 weeks last year where i didn't cut a single yard.

6. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, Nice to see some Minnesota nice here. Yes rain would be great all my accounts are still green but i skipped them the past couple days to keep them that way for now. hopefully it rains tomorrow. Where are you guys mowing/from?

7. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Where I live,,,,, top secret.

8. grass disaster

yup not near you. hush hush

9. HFS

HFS LawnSite Member

I'm working the Dakota County area. What's worse about several of my accounts is that they have irrigation, but don't use it properly and/or don't want to pay for the extra utility costs. For those of you on the hush, hush. Do you really think it matters??? We have competition around every street corner. LATER...

10. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I'm very close to Minnesota, Manitoba here and we've had all kinds of rain I'm very surprised it's so dry there.

Last year my brother, who is a trucker was sitting in a field (he takes his dog with him) near.. I think Illinois. He said it was so dry there weren't even insects.