Minnesota/Wisconsin sick of the snow yet?

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by skorum03, Mar 17, 2013.

1. jturkey69

jturkey69 LawnSite Member

We are gearing up now..maybe getting started with spring cleanups in a week or two. Bidding jobs is what I'm trying to learn from the owner currently...I think he bids too low sometimes..ugh.

2. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Well... maybe some more snow tonight? Sweet. As if the cold temperatures aren't already slowing things down. Not like we can do anything about it, but damn.

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

3. jturkey69

We keep getting rain...might have to wait another week. We're supposed to get more rain Monday and Tuesday. Wonder if we will even get spring cleanups in?

4. skorum03

Yeah well once we hit that few days in the 60s and 70s I feel like stuff is going to start growing quick and there won't be a whole ton of time for clean ups..

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

5. jturkey69

Agreed...we were just talking about that this morning as we were staring at the lazers with vacs and thatchers all ready to rock..lol

6. skorum03

I was doing that too... but at the dealership.. trying to decide if I want to finance a new machine. If it were last year I would have done it already. But this year is a little different. Waiting to hear back on some landscape jobs right now that will influence my decision greatly. Want too many things right now haha

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

7. jturkey69

Lol! Yup...we bought a new one last year, but of course the owner and one of the other guys went and bought it, and went with the new x-series lazer, and does not share much with the previous gen lazers...which we have three of, and a plethora of spare parts. We just finished our first quick landscape job this year, and are looking a couple patio jobs already. We have one wide area mower, and two more identical to ours just came up for sale for cheap, so im in the owners ear to snag one..lol

8. skorum03

I hear ya. Too many decisions to make in this unusual year. No one wants to make the bad decision obviously haha. I'm just thinking about trying to make payments in january feburary and march...

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

9. jturkey69

Snow removal if you can?

10. skorum03

Yeah I plan on jumping into the snow removal game next year. I plow with some guys I know now but don't have my own equipment.

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com