Minty Fresh Tank Additive

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by n-green, Feb 19, 2009.

1. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

I recall a thread that discussed an additive that masks chemical smells. I did a search with no results. Does anyone know of such a thing? Thanks!

2. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

3. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered a gallon today based on recommendations by Runner. I'm anxious to give it a try this spring. My wife hates the smell of 3-way.

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Try "Hawkeye" from JDL, masking agent as well as spreader

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have used a spreader/sticker that Lesco/JDL sells called Hawkeye. It has the MINT sent to it as well, and a little of it goes a long way. It's pricey, but if you are using a ULV sprayer it's not too bad.

I'll look at the link above in a sec. I know the chemicals stink, and it gives the industry a bad rap when they do. Personally I like the scent of 3-way on a spring evening, lol. I've had a couple "scared of anything chemical" type customers that say just the smell of a chemical like 3-way makes them ill. I'm sure even if it smelled like a mentos factory they would still see it coming out of a sprayer and their BRAIN would make them think that they needed to feel sick...

Hokie, you posted while I was rambling... Glad someone else knows about the product.

6. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

I love the smell of Napalm in the Morning!!

Apocalypse_Now_Smell_Like_Victory.jpg

7. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Will it make my chemical taste better i tryed adding Gatorade but it got to expensive i just have to take a swig when i am working up a sweat.

8. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, it all smells like money to me!

9. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Klok (pronounced "cloak") is the one I used. Don't know if it is still available or not, but as been mentioned, there are others on the market.

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Its easy--switch to Trimec 1000--its a low odor product. Water clear--purified.
    THEN: tell us how you like it. If you ask your customers--can they smell it after treatment?
    http://www.gordonsprofessional.com/pdfs/Trimec1000-PIS.pdf

I used to use Lesco Eliminate. Almost no odor.
    Other companies make low-odor herbicides.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014