1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cvlm, Dec 12, 2005.

1. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

hey pros running into a bit of a problem with my customer understanding what they get for there money and now wanting extras for free i want to make up a flyer that show maybe a basic package(mow.blow,edge) and a premium package (mow,blow,edge,weed control in beds,4 ferts per year) this type of thing any of you guys out there have anything like this can you please send me an example it would be appreciated rhodespb@comcast.net thanks.
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Are you placing your pricing on your flyers? IMHO, I wouldn't recommend it. No two properties are a like. If you aren't, then explain pricing, in detail, in your contract or letterhead to the customer. Outline what IS and IS NOT included. Include what additional charges would be, if applicable. not too difficult.
  3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

they are more than likely pushing a little to see what they can get for free..
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

had a customer once, an elderly lady, sweet as pie.....

I was working for someone else and he told me that everytime you go there she will try to get you to do more than your suppose to,

Well She did, but it was little things, I did them and didn't tell the boss,

This lady allways had my lunch made for me and would allways have something cool to drink,

She made the best DAM choc. PIE I have ever had.....

sometimes it pays to do a little extra,

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Spell it all out on that dirty little "C" word..........CONTRACT!
  6. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

I agree i do alot of little things for some but lately i have picked up some customers that want fert,pre-emergant,weed control,tree and shrub planting etc done for free.I need to make up some type of flyer that states what is done maybe packages basic,premium etc. but not list a price i will do that when i see the yard any ideas guys i did see a website from someone on here that had something like the package type that i am wanting to do but cant remember which one it is anyone know thanks for any help you guys can give me.
  7. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

CONTRACT or do what i do tell them they have lost it.
  8. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Im going to be doing programs next year. Basic LawnCare Program: Mowing, edging, trimming, and blowing, and a Full Service LawnCare Program: basic lawn maintenance, spring cleanup, fall leaf removal, aeration, weed control and fert, and shrub trimming. I may add another program, and may change the services in each one, but this is an idea of something you sound like you want. If someone asks you to do something, start by giving a quote on it. You should also have some kind of contract for all your clients that will outline what is and isnt included in your service agreement.
  9. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

thanks for the help:)