Misc. Heavy Equipment Pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Jelinek61, Sep 23, 2011.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It wasn't making anymore money than the 320's were, jobsite requirements call for a 330 or a 200, anything in between really isn't much of a help, and customers don't want to pay a bit more for a machine that is a bit larger or smaller than what is called for. The bucket size is a factor too, the 200's use a 60 inch, they can load a truck in 9 passes, and the 330's use a 72 - 84 inch bucket, and it will load in half the time, so it's a better machine.

2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not positive if they have one. I really don't see MCM around here to much. There was another large Cat excavator I think it was a 375 (it was a long ways away) sitting on the site still broke down like they just delivered it. I didnt see the stick sitting around so it might be what your talking about.

3. t190

t190 LawnSite Member

Ah ic.. Is a 330 in the works now?saw 2-320 Triple B hoes today, one just off vye and on off the highway I think..
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing bigger than what we have now, renting is still better, but a new 320DLRR is coming.......soon.
    Are you still going to be in town for a while? I got rained out today and tomorrow might be the same, I need something to do.

5. Jelinek61

A few new ones.

Cat D5M
    [​IMG]

Tonka truck made for the ArtPrize competition in Grand Rapids. The guy has it plated and road legal.
    [​IMG]

Some more pics of the new library construction on GVSU campus. Their digging in solid clay. The cement structure covered in waterproof fabric is a service tunnel that connects all the buildings on campus with steam for heat and access in the winter for maintenance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I'm glad they are almost finished with the bridge replacement in GR. Is the Gm factory the one on 36th st?

7. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

A few of Rj Corman's excavators passed by the shop tonight.

a.jpg

b.jpg

8. RLS 2010

RLS 2010 LawnSite Member

Hey Jelinek61, just curious, what do you do that you can get on so many job sites and take pictures without being questioned?

9. Jelinek61

I am so glad they just finished up the bridge work on US131. I presently go to GVSU and live in kentwood right now and every day on my way south on 131 i had to deal with the idiots that would not get over for the left lane closure until they got up to the arrow board.

The GM plant is the one off of 36th east of 131. I've only been over there to watch them once but plan on checking on their progress sometime soon.

10. Jelinek61

That first four axle truck is pretty sweet looking.