Misc. Heavy Equipment Pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Jelinek61, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I presently am in school at Grand Valley State University getting my business degree while I do landscaping and tree care part time. My dad has made me become addicted to constrution equipment so between classes I like to kill time by checking out some of the construction going on nearby. When I go to take pictures I just act like I know what im doing and stay out of their way. Most of the time the workers will not bother me. Sometimes they'll ask what i'm doing and more often then not they think its kinda cool and bs with me about equipment. I've talked to a couple heavy haul guys that have offered to have me ride along with them on hauls or call me when they haul something cool so I can get some pics. I've never been kicked off a constrution site for being somewhere i wasn't suppose to be.

2. Jelinek61

Some more library construction shots........

Cat 345 and 950
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Takeuchi TB53
    [​IMG]

3. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

was going to upload some pictures of our equipment, but it said i was missing a security key? Ill try again some other time I guess... I took the pics, so not sure what would be missing.

4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll take one of the yellow ones.

5. Jelinek61

Stopped by the GM plant demolition today during my lunch break. They now have 4 Cat 375's, Cat 345C, 2 Cat 325D's, Cat 321C LR, Cat 980G, and a volvo ADT water truck all on site. They have a lot of extra excavator sticks, shears, and loader buckets laying around so it looks like they plan on bringing in at least 4 or 5 more excavators and 2 loaders.

Cat 325 w/ Labounty shear
    [​IMG]

2 Cat 375's (one w/ Labounty shear and one w/ grapple)
    [​IMG]

Volvo water truck for dust control
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 Cat 375's, 325, and volvo
    [​IMG]

Cat 375 and 980G
    [​IMG]

6. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Isn't Testa doing that job? I thought they had one or two 1250s one that site. If not, they moved them out once the heavy stuff was done.

7. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

wow. Looks like are tax dollars are paying for a nice new building. That one just wasnt big enough. lol

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

The job pictured is in Michigan, hence MCM demo got the job. Testa did a GM plant in Linden NJ and yes they have multiple PC 1250's

Jelinek61, the 375 with the 3rd member La Bounty shear is the one I asked about earlier in the thread, thanks for the new pics!

9. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Ah... I didn't know if Testa finished that job yet. That 1250 HRD they've got it bad to the bone. But, I think the fact they've got like 15 100 plus ton machines, plus a crapload of 375s and smaller machines is pretty awesome. They really are a huge company, and it was sad to see them lose the Yankee Stadium job to Nacereima.

10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yeah Testa has an amazing fleet of machines. Nacirema didn't demo the old Yankee stadium, Mazzocchi did from the pics I'm seeing. Gramercy Group demoed the old Giants stadium & they bought Nacirema's CAT 385 HRD Excavator.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffs4653/4728218526/ here's a pic