misc. prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tramahor, Mar 7, 2003.

1. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

Ok guys here we go again, kind of. I know my costs and have gl ins, license, work comp for one employee. My question is the following: ( please try to answer as simple as possible, we tend to get into long answers that don't answer the original question ) When I go out to give a bid I take my laptop, I would like to know how you price the following services: I do not want to charge per hour on the following services, but per job. Also I would like your help on a formula for hedge trimming per linear foot. Please take into consideration that most lawn here are approx. 3000 ft2

sprinkler repair ( sprinkler and/or riser )
    set sprinkler timer
    fert program, per ft2 per application.
    aeration ( I charge 65.00 flat fee )
    detathcing per ft2
    hedge trimming per linear ft. ( 3 ft tall or less, > 3 feet )
    pruning sm, med and large trees
    lawn renovation, to include aerate, detatch, seed and fert per ft2
    I know there is a lot of talk on here about not having set prices, some too high and some way too low. I want to get an idea of these prices so I can charge what the job is worth. Also to not have the prices so low it ruins it for everyone in the biz.

Thanks in advance for the advice given

Regards, Francisco

Stonecreek Landscaping:blob4:

2. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

lets not all talk at once

3. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

I can tell you what I have charged in the past but really do not have set prices either.

sprinkler repair ( sprinkler and/or riser ) 10$ per fix more if it involves digging further or the pipe. (just my customers) + material and if I need to make a trip I will add that on.

set sprinkler timer (Don't charge but may if it was going to take long..have not really had that come up but once and i probably should have charged her)
    fert program, per ft2 per application.(Average lawn for my customers $10-20 plus material cost)
    aeration -I think about .05 a square ft. sounds good.
    detathcing per ft2 -.07 to .10 a sq. ft depending on how much thatch.
    hedge trimming per linear ft. ( 3 ft tall or less, > 3 feet ) If it was just a hedge it is kind of different than having to sculp individual bushes. Last year I did about 150 -180 ft hedge for 150. He paid that the last time. He gave me 200 for the job because he was happy.
    pruning sm, med and large trees- Can't say on this one
    lawn renovation, to include aerate, detatch, seed and fert per ft2
    - I just bid about 3000 sq ft, but I am going to spray it with roundup first...for 400. If I aerate it, I will add that on.

Please let me know about your dethatcher and aerator. I think I left you a msg on your voice mail and just sent you a pm.

4. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

thanks Ill call you this pm