Misquito Barrier

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Smallaxe, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Chris Burisek

Chris Burisek LawnSite Member

Another product to try is cedar oil. I saw it at www.cedarcide.com
    they have many natural products that seem safe to use. Check out I-R-S
    Insect Repellent Spray. We used their PCO Choice to repel Japanese Beetles last year.

2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't see where the cedarcide could be sprayed on lawns. It looked good for personal dusting though.

3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Trust me that was my argument about exempt products, but the state can, and has been able to enforce the law based on the intended purpose or label. So even though I could put garlic barrier and butter on a piece of french bread toast it and eat it they still fine you because if you are spraying to replel mitigate or kill a pest it is considered a pesticide, hence the need for a license. You can put corn gluten down in NH if the label doesnt say it prevents weeds, but if it has a label saying controls weeds then you need the license.

4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Humble1,
    You are exactly right
    A product may be federally EPA exempt but each state controls its fertilizer and pesticide laws. You have to go by the state law in which you practice

Most states could not give a rats ass that it is safe, natural, organic or whatever, if you make pesticidal claims you had better be licensed

If you have an organic certified farm the federal EPA law is what counts, so those exemption are followed

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks for the clarification.

I forgot to add my legalese disclaimer, "Everything I say or do has no meaning when it comes to The Law." :nono: