missile job

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Jun 14, 2012.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Had to add 3 zones to an island in the driveway that had no main or wire in it and no sleeves. had to cross a 2" conduit in the driveway.

photo(203).jpg

photo(204).jpg

photo(205).jpg

photo(206).jpg

photo(207).jpg

2. greenmonster304

a few more. we did one spray zone and a zone of drip for the hydrangeas and a zone for the arbs,

photo(208).jpg

photo(209).jpg

photo(210).jpg

photo(211).jpg

photo(212).jpg

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

as always a nice clean job devin.

you pre-located the property for damage prevention of course :)

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

do you ever pull a PVC sleeve with the missile?

5. greenmonster304

Of course, we found a 2" conduit feeding the pool equipment 3' into the driveway 30" down that we exposed and witnessed the crossing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. greenmonster304

No I haven't but it would be a good idea. I would need to get a special clamp to hold the sleeve in place. In this job I used 160 psi poly as my air supply hose with the 18/6 taped to it then when the missile reached the other side I just cut the pipe and it became the main. The soil was almost pure sand and was collapsing that's why I did it this way.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Dont try to pull in a pvc sleeve with the missile , If there is a problem you cant change the missile dirrection . A 3 inch missile makes a hole big enough that the 2 inch pvc slides right thre.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Can I get a little more info on the device you used to get under the drive? Is the cost such that a normal business can afford it? What is the power source...air?

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry search provided a lot of info. But is there one that you can get for around $2000 that would be recommended.

10. greenmonster304

It is called a pneumatic boring missile or mole. I use my 185 cfm compressor to power it. You dig a hole on each side, point, level, shoot. You can get some fancy launching equipment but for the average driveway that is not needed. Mine is a 3" diameter Grundomat that I bought used for $1500. I think a new 3" Grundomat is about $5000.
    Posted via Mobile Device