Missing the boat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pace lawn care, Oct 22, 2000.

1. pace lawn care

pace lawn care LawnSite Member

I'm I missing out on a lot of money because I don't seed, fertilize, aerate, and some of the other thing some of you offer? I don't see anyone in my area doing these things. (It may be like when I bought my mower though, every truck in town had one in it.) I don't know how much call there is for all this. Small town (8000)people. Sound like a lot of money to invest, since I'm only part time for now.

2. Mitchell

Mitchell LawnSite Member

Gary, It looks like you and I are in the same boat. Part time and in the south. I'd say concentrate on just the basics. At least until you get started good and build a customer base. I have a hard time convencing customers to fertilize! Most just want their yard mowed every two weeks.

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

You don't have to buy an aerator to aerate, rent it! I bought a tow behind this year. But before, I always rented them.

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

No one doing it now = more potientual business for YOU! Get educated on the why's & how's, have a good sales pitch, and sale, sale, sale. Any places rent aerators around you? If so ask them what kind of demand they have.

Order the Starter Kit for Aerator, Edger, Seeder & Sod Cutter #662192, it free! http://www.turfco.com/lawncare/

Ray

5. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

I think that if you want that edge to set yourself apart from the rest it is best to try to become a full service landscape maintenance business. This is something that you can gradually work towards by adding some new services that you offer each year.