1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Missing the point

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jh88, Aug 4, 2003.

1. jh88

jh88 LawnSite Member

I think some of u are missing the point of this post. I posted it so that i could get a price on firewood. The only reason i'm selling firewood is becasue i need a little money to invest in new equipment this spring. Like i said i'm only 15 and i don't have my drivers liscense yet so i don't have but a few accounts that i do on the weekends and when i can get someone to take me there. i will be getting my drivers liscense this fall and i will be looking for something to make money. I have a place that is easy to get to and easy to cut the wood. I agree with all of you once i get my buissness established i doin't plan on working winters this is just a temporary job to get my lawn buissness started.
    But i do see what everyone is saying but i hope yall understand my point of view now.

Thanks for the replys everyone.
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Jh88,

Good for you for making the best of what you can do at the moment! Keep up the good work :)
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i totally agree. firewood is one more hard way to go. but i just love to show myself ,,,theres still enough man left to ,split a cord ,if i want to.[ with a maul]
    i personally dont want the whole winter off,as i just get more out of a day, if im working. just different strokes bud . do your thing. mabe we will see each other at the free lunch place for the down an out.[forgot what they call it]but one things im gonna try an be sure of... im gonna have a good time getting there.. good luck.
    :) :)
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

It's called thread drift.

5. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

$60 a cord picked up;)
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

yep,, everythings called something...
    got a friend,, that really dont know how to think about anything ,until shes been able to put some kind of label on it...
    then it can exist for her.
  7. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I sell about 20 full cords a year. I usually get $140/per cord or $130 if someone buys 2 or more full cords. That is local delivery included. I charge more for longer distances. I get the wood from my brother in law who is a logger. We never trade money, only work so I get a good deal on the wood. It will probably cost you $300-$350 to get a load of 6 full cord log legnth delivered. If you are physically fit you can cut and split 1 full cord in 3 hours without much problem. In New York State, they have strict guidelines when you advertise, so check your state laws. 3 face cords equal 1 full cord at 16" lengths. Hope this helps. I also hope you are ready to sweat.:D
  8. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

A face cord goes for 35-60 here depending on what variety, and how well seasoned it is. Those are delivered prices 20 mile limit, 4 cord minimum.
    I do my own wood for the fun of it.
    Hard work pays off. Good Luck!