Mission Statement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Jan 6, 2001.

1. I would appreciate that the group please critique my new mission statment before it becomes part of the landscape.

Mission Statement

Our goal at Lawrence Stone Inc. is to provide sports field services that enhance the playability of athletic fields, in order to secure the safety of the athletes and visual enjoyment of the spectators,
    by providing the needed cultural practices,
    in the most environmentally friendly fashion.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Should it not read Our "MISSION" instead of our goal?

It is a mission statement.

3. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

Stone:

Good idea with the mission statement. Here on the forum, we know what Lawrence Stone Inc does (or at least I assume you take care of athletic fields as a specialty - mowing, fertilizing, and regular maintenance). The mission statement as shown sort of leads me to believe that your company does everything from maintaining the running track to lettering the field, setting up soccer goals, etc. In addition, we take care of some athletic fields next to an astro turf field at my old high school. We don't do anything related to the synthetic surface, do you? The mission statement leads me to believe that you might. (Maybe you want to add this to your list of services?)

Is this true, or do you mostly operate on the 'turf' side of things (which is what I suspect). Maybe get the term 'turf' in there somewhere to strike some emphasism on the direction or focus of your efforts.

4. HOMER

Our Mission at Lawrence Stone Inc. is to provide services for athletic playing fields that will ensure safety, enhance the playability, and improve the asthetics so that players and spectators alike will have an opportunity to enjoy their leisure time.

I kinda lost it on the last statement but see if that fits!

5. Let's put two and two togeather

Our Mission at Lawrence Stone Inc. is to provide services for athletic playing fields that will ensure safety, enhance the playability, and improve the asthetics for players and spectators alike, by providing the needed turfgrass cultural practices, in the most environmentally friendly fashion.

Any more suggestions?

6. Old Guy

Old Guy LawnSite Member

Just my $.02 worth - could "cultural practices" be "horticultural practices"?

7. Horticulture refers the " the cultivation of a garden".

Cultural means "of or pertaining to culture or cultivation".

Let's try slipping the word agronomic the adj. for agronomy that means "the applied phases of both soil science and the several plant sciences, often limited to the applied plant sciences dealing with crops.

Since turfgrass is a crop that word fits.

Our Mission at Lawrence Stone Inc. is to provide agronomical services for athletic playing fields that will ensure safety, enhance the playability, and improve the asthetics for players and spectators alike, by providing the needed turfgrass cultural practices, in the most environmentally friendly fashion.

8. HOMER

I think it's too "wordy" with agronomical in there. Go back one and work it from there

9. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

"asthetics" should be spelled "aesthetics".

I think it sounds nice.

10. bondlawn

bondlawn LawnSite Member

I tend to agree with Homer. Go back to the one without the agronomical in it. I think you have a winner Mr. Stone!!