1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Missouri L&G show

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Green King, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure what to think about this year's show at the MO. lawn and garden show I was dissapointed to say the least. No variety in mowers at all and was just a waste of money to go with really nothing to look at. I guess this show is getting like some of the others it is loosing it's apeal or at least to me. The only thing new at the show was the Hustler XR7 mower and the Exmark Navigator that was it. And a lot of the other brands of mowers who are normally there were not there. If you plan on going do not waste your time and money!
  2. mowergal

mowergal LawnSite Member

Dear Green King you wrote this when the show closed in 25 minutes late night and honestly the BIG SHOWS are in St. Louis which is this coming weekend I believe and Kansas City. The Springfield show is a small one, I really think you need to go to one of the big ones if you don't like this one. Almost every one around has Lawn and Garden show this month in the different counties to let people see what is out there.
  3. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

mowergal what show is this weekend in St. Louis and where? Thanks!
  4. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

I'm not sure mowergal has the correct date or not, but the show is held in the dome & the Americenter (sp). It is a BIG one. I'v been to it 2 times & if St. Louis was closer I'd go again
  5. mowergal

mowergal LawnSite Member

I was told by my distributor that is was this weekend in St Louis to be honest that is all I know sorry. Thanks extoro for your help!
  6. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

Reason I asked was because I looked up the St. Louis lawn and garden show and it was in March. Here is the info.

Let me know if you guys are talking about another show. Thanks!
  7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

THIS weekend in St. Louis??? Heck, I'm going to St. Louis this weekend! I was headed that way to visit a friend and just to get out of this town for a while. Let us know when and where it is please!
  8. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

I think that is the one mowergal is talking about
  9. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

No need to waste you time at these shows.
    If your in this buiness for the long term, you need to goto the EXPO!!!!
    There is no compairson between your local shows and the lawn expo..

10. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

You're wasting your time going to ^that^show, if you think theres going to be a lot of commercial lawn equipment, etc. This is a homeowner-type show put on by the regional home builders.....