1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MISSOURI (st. louis) Trailer/landscape shops

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by MPD, Jan 27, 2006.

1. MPD

MPD LawnSite Member

I am wandering if anyone in or close to Saint Louis Missouri knows of any good Trailer companies. I am looking for a Tandem axle Trailer with a rear ramp. Looking at maybe a 16-18 foot cargo/utility/ landscape trailer with an open top for hauling mulch, and lawn equipment.

I have looked on line for such companies, and have even tried to request catalogs for Trailers with little or no such luck.

Where is the best place to purchase items such as racks for trimmers, blowers, gas and water jugs? On line or at a local store. If a local store who might sell these items.

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

go to google and do a search for "Sikeston utility trailers". Your not that far from Sikeston. There is several manufactures in that town and you can get some good deals. It would be worth the drive to pick one up.
  3. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Midwest Trailer, highway 94 and Harvestowne Indutrial. As far as attachments, most equipment dealers carry all the stuff you need.
  4. craybus

craybus LawnSite Member

We just bought a 14' enclosed trailer from M&M Trailer in Sikeston. It was worth the two hour drive down there.
  5. Check out a place in Cuba ,Mo. believe the name is Jim's Motor's lots of trailers right along I-44.
  6. MeanGreen

MeanGreen LawnSite Member

The best place within St. Louis is Davis trailers. They were in the city but have moved to Arnold in the last two years. They are located on the outer road that runs parallel to 55. They will build you whatever you want. You need to specify exactly what you want, down to new wheels and tires or else you will get used ones. I have bought three trailers from them and have never had any problems.

Here is their info:
    Davis Trailers
    4091 W Outer Rd
    Arnold, MO
    (636) 461-2441
  7. RHayden

RHayden LawnSite Member

Taylor trailers in Bourbon, MO
  8. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my trailer from there, I will never go back for another. I was driving the trailer home, and the wheel kept wobbling, I brought it back a few days later, and the owner asked me what I hit. I told him it was a bad wheel, he looked at it, and told me there was nothing wrong with it...I said "dude the damn thing wobbles...he lifted it up with a forklift, gave the wheel a spin, and then said, "I guess it is bad" They put a new wheel on, it looked fine. Well, about 2 months later, I looked at the trailer tire, it was worn down bad, like the alignment was bad or something. I brought it to Dobbs, they said that it was a truck tire on my trailer, and it was a totally different size than the other tire. I do not recommend Davis Trailers to anyone. I wouldn't go back there even if they were the last trailer place in the world...
  9. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

Go south to Sikeston the trailer capital of the U.S., or I got a friend in K.C. who gets them cheap load all made brand from Kansas he can usually save you $500.
  10. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I will keep that in mind