Missouri's Fall and Winter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blankenshiplawncare, Sep 22, 2004.

1. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Any one care to give me some input on the business trends during the non-growing season in the KC area. I live in Georgia now and we are still cutting every week to 10 days. I want to eventually move back to the KC area and am worried about the winter months. I know there is'nt much of a snow business. Any takers?

2. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

It seems that one year is good and the next will suck. KC is a good area for snow removal other than there are already a million other guys doing it there.
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i don't live in missouri but have first hand info from someone who does. my friend lgf spends the winter as a crossdresser giving brazilian wax jobs to italian and greek men.
  4. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

I live across the state in st. louis, usually the grass needs cutting til about the 2 or 3rd week in october. Start up again at the end of march early april. You can't really count on the snow. Some years we have a lot, and some years we have barely any.
  5. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks to all of you for your feed back. I have been sick the last two days and pretty funky today. I had to hire day labor's for the first time today to catch up. It sounds like the Missouri winters are best spent snuggling with your empty check book or waxing some Greeks. I might re-think this a little. I have an opposition to empty check books, and waxing. Again thanks.