mister vs sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mmatlock, Mar 31, 2013.

1. mmatlock

mmatlock LawnSite Member

I am in need of an insecticide sprayer for trees and shrubs. Don't know wether to get a power mister or power sprayer.I already have an FMC towable sprayer with a Bean piston pump and it will reach any tree top out there,but it takes a special trip with a truck an trailer.I'm looking for something that will not take up much room on the truck and be readily availabe when I need it.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

How much tree & shrub spraying are you doing? Are you spraying residential properties? How high do you have to spray? Are all your spray targets accessible by truck or do you need to pull hose?

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Power mister backpack is the way to go. Plenty of power would be a help. You want one that blows the air up as high as possible. Nice for mosquitoes or perimeter pest control.
    And in fall you can clean up leaves.

4. mmatlock

mmatlock LawnSite Member

I will mostly be spraying shrubs and smaller trees and probably not everyday.Like I said,I have a sprayer for really tall trees if I need it.My properties are all residential and possibly reachable from the truck with enough hose.I would rather not take up a lot of room in the truck bed.