Miter saw or wet saw?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grassyfras, Jul 25, 2004.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I'm putting in a patio at my house and started using a circular saw with a diamond blade on it and its not doing the best job at cutting these pavers. Im thinking of either renting a wet saw or buying a miter saw with the diamond blade. What do you guys reccomend?

2. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

I would rent the wet saw. If you can, mark all your cuts first, then go rent the saw. You may be able to get away with a half-day rental.

Peace,

Rex

phoenixpavers.com

3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I use a diamond w/my circular saw and have no problems. How are you doing it? Are you cutting while on the ground? Do you have it clamped in anyway? I mark my cut line then score along the cut line with the saw, then make my cut. Works great and very easy.

4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Im just using a sharpie to mark my cuts. im guessing thers a better way and then just using the circular saw on a table without a clamp and make the cuts. What do you mean by scoring? Sorry new at this but am starting school soon to learn all this stuff.

5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

For pavers I would go with a wet saw, they work pretty good on pavers if the STHIL saw or block spliter can't get it jus right.

Jeff

6. Branching Out

Branching Out LawnSite Member

Home Depot and Lowes sell a small MK wet saw for about $800.00. Being that I saw future use for it, I bought it. I did several projects around my house with it including 3 bathroom tile jobs for family, and my kitchen floor. It payed for itself on the first job after I found out what a tile contractor wanted to do it.......

Branching out