Mitsubishi Compact Tractor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Nov 27, 2001.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Well I had to have a small tractor to do some work and I couldn't pass on this one. I am waiting on delivery of a Mitsubishi MT372 which is a 2 cyl 15hp diesel, 2WD gear. Only has 900hrs and appears to be in good condition. I really bought it for the 3 speed PTO and the Cat 1 3 pt hitch. I am thinking of putting an aerator on it. I also saw a 500lb fertilizer spreader that is 3 pt mounted and PTO driven.
    It is coming with a 48" finish mower on the back(thats how I get away with talking about it on this forum):D

Does anyone have any pros and cons with this tractor? I don't plan on doing heavy ground work with it but I would appreciate some - informed- opinions.

I hope I am not out of line here but I'll try anyway, if you have an idea of its worth please e-mail it to me as I know what I paid seems to be a good price for my market but I want to be sure. (Moderators, if this question is out of line here please fix it thanks)
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

looks like a good place to me, now if we had that tractor forum i had mentioned that would be different!

to answer ur question i am not at all familier with this type of tractor. nor have i even heard of it for that matter. however 15 hp is a good size, however a 3pt hitch on it?
  3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Gray market tractors are good units for the price.

i've owned dozens of them.

Believe it or not, Mitsubishi actually makes Case and Cub Cadet.

That model tractor would sell for approx. $2900

Finish mower new $700 (depending on make)

3pt. $150

Usually Gray market tractors come with a tiller, did you get one?

Why haven't you heard of these brands? Many are only sold new in Japan,but these manufactures make many of the name brands you are familiar with:

4. Lawncareguy

Lawncareguy LawnSite Member

I have a Mitsubishi MT 372 also. My daughter loves to ride on it when not using it for work.

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I've heard of people holding a child on a tractor as pictured, losing their grip, dropping the child, and running over the child.

Back on the farm in the 60's, we kids did LOTS of things that were highly dangerous. I had several close calls, riding on trailers that came loose from a tractor, unlocking the seperate wheel brakes on an old tractor..pressing real hard on the one that didn't work, and ramming it into the new haybaler.

As a 9 year old kid I was riding my friends on the OUTSIDE of a VW with a luggage rack and runningboards. I tried to get them to fall off while driving down a narrow road through the woods. Just good clean fun.

I remember cars without seat belts, and children standing up in the front seat.

You can never be too careful.
  8. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

We've sold a bunch of remanufactured Mitsubishis and they've been very good for us. We've had fewer complaints with them than with some of the brand new products we've carried in the past. Just make sure you've got a good source for parts. If you don't, PM me and I can put you in touch with a good company...
  9. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

Sure you can. You can be so careful you remove the joy out of your life.

Things we did as kids like riding on a tractor with our dads, as I recall, never killed anyone I ever knew. Riding bikes with no helmets, playing with lawn darts, bb-gun wars, ramping our bikes into a creek, you name it. I saw kids fall, saw a broken bone or two, never saw anyone die from riding a bike, or sitting on a tractor with their dad. Has it happened? Yeah, but what are the odds, really? Who's to say your kid doesn't get hit by a meteor, you can't be too careful...better install a better roof.

None of the things of my childhood are part of children's lives nowadays, awesome and fun things, because we have become way too careful.

We're raising generations of people that think you need protective equipment to ride a slow little bicycle that's 12" off the ground, and football is being replaced by soccer because it's not as dangerous. We're becoming a nation of creampuffs, raised by fretting soccer moms.

10. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope that tractor is not moving :drinkup:[/QUOTE]
    Raise your own kids and let others raise their own kids. If he wants to give his daughter a ride, he can give his daughter a ride. I sure dont see her crying and kicking to get off, do you?