1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mitsubishi Fuso FE 145 any opinions anyone?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Az Gardener, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I am probably going to get one of these trucks unless I hear some very bad issues. Does anyone use one if these cab over models? Its only a 4-cyl. but it pulls my trailer fine and has quite a bit of pick up and turns on a dime. I can't find a negative to this truck. Any input?

To answer the question before you ask... It is a new 07 crew cab with a 14' dump bed with a pull tarp for 42-K buy, or a 5-yr. lease that is 775 a month with unlimited miles and a 8-K residual price.
  2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure about the truck but the lease seems like a bad deal. To many low APR out there right now.
  3. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the 775 5 yr lease is crazy. I bought my duramax for 48k and payments are 650 but that is 6 years. You will pay in 46500 and in 5 years still not own it. At least if you buy it you will have a 15-20k trade in.
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I would recomend a bigger engin. Mine is a 1999 with the 135HP and it cries when I come to a hill.
  5. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

they have a 175 hp engine i think still not a ton of power depends what you are pulling. Great trucks med duty parts will kill you expensive i think i got charged 3000 for brakes all around. like i said great truck will last not the most power and it suxs when it comes time to pay for the repairs if you dont mind the pymt thats on you. the buy out in the end is great work the truck then buy it out instead of a down pymt. maybee lease it and trade it in every 4 years cuz all my problems started after 4 years. its 775 a month 2 buy whats the lease price ? I bought mine and it was 690 a month my friend leased his and it was around 475 a month 4 .5 years ago
  6. mvp services

mvp services LawnSite Member
    from Avon,CT

I looked at a mitsubishi FE SP yesterday. Diesel with a 10' flatbed dump. It's an 02 w/ 100k mileage and they want 14k for it. The real down side of it was they want 6 thousand to put a boss plow on it.
  7. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Ponyboy thanks for your input. What kind of miles do you put on yours? This route does about 15-K miles per year so at the end of the lease it will only have 75-K miles, barely broken in on the engine side. But that brake number is :cry: frightening. That's the kind of information I am looking for. Keep it coming, anyone else?

The buy price is 42-k but the tax and license is also another 6-K. I am limited in engine choices to what is left of the 07's unless I want to pony up another 4-K for the 08

The engine is a 4.9 liter-175 HP Torque is 391 Lb. Ft.