Mitsubishi tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Pecker, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the general opinion of them? Any problem getting parts for a US market (NOT grey market) one?

I have an opporunity to pick one up for less than a $1000. It is a late 80's model, hydro, 18hp, less than 500 original hours. Looks rough though. How much would a new unit cost?

Thanks in advance.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Where did you say its parked?

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

That sounds like a good deal for that little tractor. Small japanease tractors like that usually run forever. There are very few Mitsubishi dealers around. i suggest you find where one is before you buy the tractor in case you need a part or need service. I'm not really sure how easy parts are to get for those tractors. I'm sure they are available but it may take longer to get them. Thats a good enough deal that it would be hard for me to pass up.

4. Pecker

Yeah, that's the downside, it has lived its life outside and looks rough. . .butI think some fresh paint would do the trick.

5. Pecker

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Yeah, you may wan't to find a dealer or a place you can get parts before you buy it.

7. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You didn't answer my question. I don't care what it looks like. I was...uhh...wondering were its parked at.

9. Pecker

Maybe I don't understand the question. . .were you not asking if it is parked outside or inside?

10. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I think he wants the tractor before you get your hands on it !

Wink wink :p