Mity Vac 7300 HELP

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JustCut, Nov 27, 2007.

1. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

Has anyone used the Mity Vac 7300. I just bought 2 units and both seem to take a long time to vac. oil. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks:confused:

2. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

any help on this problem????

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Is that the one you pump by hand or the air operated one?

Either way they are not quick. Are you trying to suck the oil out of engines or pump fresh oil in?

If you are sucking it out of the engine it will help to warm the engine up a bit first so the oil flows a bit better.

4. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

Air model.... Thanks for the input your right if the oil is warm it does vac better but still seems slow to me. Do I have it hooked up the correct way.
    1. The smallest dip stick tube,,,hard plastic stuck into the dip stick tube on mower other end in top of resivior,,,then turn on the air and wait.

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

It will work faster if you use the larger tube...but some dipstick holes will not allow that.

Also make sure you have the valve in the right position on the tube that goes form the tank to the vacuum block at the bottom.

It works great on Honda GX160's on equipment that the engineers forgot to allow some method of draining the oil...

On the Kawasaki V-twins I think you need to adapt the larger hose down to the smaller one and use that because the large hose will not go into the dipstick tube far enough.