Mix it

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tharrell, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I've been using glyphosate to kill weeds at all my customers. Some of them don't/can't understand the mode of action and want it to "look" like it's starting to die. They've been watching too much tv I think. Anyway, I spray a lot of convenience stores too and they're full of concrete expansion joints as well as some mulch beds. Needless to say, I have to kill it all and make it look like it's dying. How do I mix glyphosate and 2-4,d. I've never really used 2-4,d before but I understand it can be mixed with glyphosate?
    I'm using a backpack sprayer btw.
  2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Mix it with scythe but not too much, use the lower label rate or the roundup won't have time to work. Weeds will look dead in several hours.
  3. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think mixing 2,4-D with your glyphosate will help speed up the control.

Use Scythe or Reward (diquat) at low rates, mixed with the gly, to achieve your quick burn-down. Or buy a ready to use quick-killer like Razor Burn or Finale.....
  4. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

The 2,4-D will control the broadleaf quicker, or at least show results quicker, but as TurfPro said, Razor Pro , Prosecutor Swift Acting (Lesco) or Roundup QuickPro is the ticket. Good Luck, Marc