Mixed reviews on my website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by kirkmbrown2001, Apr 9, 2011.

Tags:
?

Your opinion on my site

1. Too busy / too much going on

25.0%
  2. It's an OK site

43.8%
  3. Love it!!!

18.8%
  4. Not my taste

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey everyone!

I have created many posts under the "website" thread so I can help others with their website. Now I am looking for your help!

I have mixed reviews on my website and they can usually be broken down into two categories:

1. It is too busy / too much stuff going on
    2. It is the best website I have seen in a long time - Love it!

I wanna get a feel on what you guys think and see what the majority rules.

My website is: www.kirkslawncare.com

Thanks for your help!

2. kirkmbrown2001

Not a single opinion???

3. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like so far I am the only one who voted but hopefully there will be more.

I do like your website. It is just different enough that it is eye catching. The one suggestion I would have is to add a little more to the about us page. If I were looking for a lawn care professional and there is no address for them I would feel they had something to hide or might be afraid unhappy customers would track them down. I also like to know where somone is from even though there is a list of communities you service. I also think it would make it more personal if you had your photo on that page.

4. JBMohler

JBMohler LawnSite Member

On the front page dont bullet "the grass is growing" and your bulleting is messed up in general.

Your page title isnt optimised

Your H1 tag should be specific for seo. Pick your best keyword and use that in a phrase. Do this for your targeted keywords for all your headers

On the about us page, the first sentence is perfect for an seo location. "...to our (name of town or city)"

You got a 67 on websitegrader.com, pretty good. Your site could easily hit 80's.

5. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Don't like the font you have chosen throughout, go back and make it easier for my eyes and I will read more...

6. kirkmbrown2001

In regards to the bulleting, I assume you are using IE 9. In IE 8, it looks fine. I can't find a fix for the bullets.

7. JBMohler

JBMohler LawnSite Member

I use firefox. The bullets are spread apart from the phrase, but it looks fine on IE.

8. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

i would get rid of the toolbar in the bottum on page. just my .2 cents. And try to find a calmer font

9. Andy31

Andy31 LawnSite Member

My thoughts too.
    I do like the site though, far better than I can do. I even find SiteTonight a PITA

10. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh