1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mixed reviews on my website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by kirkmbrown2001, Apr 9, 2011.

Tags:
?

Your opinion on my site

1. Too busy / too much going on

25.0%
  2. It's an OK site

43.8%
  3. Love it!!!

18.8%
  4. Not my taste

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lurch01

Lurch01 LawnSite Member

Kirk, I know you are trying and that is real important, But you may want to hire some professional help,

Keep up the effort. That is more than most men ever do.

2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Your bullet problem is in here. I think the div align is missing from the first two - the part I bolded. You have it before the font color on all the other ones below, but not the two above it.

The site is pretty decent, but I prefer darker text for ease of reading.

3. HeyLook-Media

HeyLook-Media LawnSite Member

Honestly the site looks rather dated but IMO its more important to be seen and to have your information up front. That being said, there are things that are missing like SEO. I assume your main goal is to attract new customers by showing up when someones types "Lawn Care in (City) (state)
    For on page SEO you want to make sure that your meta-tags are arranged correctly. Your page title tags and description tags should describe the content of your different web pages.

Code:
    <head>
    <title>Kirk's Lawn Care - Home</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Quality Lawn Care services at Affordable Rates serving  Spring City, Royersford, Pheonixville, Kimberton, Mont Clare, Glenmore, Chester Springs" />
    <meta name="keywords" content=" Lawn Care, lawn Maintenance, Mowing, Aeration, De Thatching, Lawn Renovation, mulch, landscaping, landscape maintenance, snow plowing, snow removal, snow and ice removal, Spring City, Royersford, Pheonixville, Kimberton"/>

Make sure you label the different headers on your web pages using <h> tags with 1 being the most important
    Code:
    <h1> Welcome to the Kirk's Lawn Care website! </h1>

<h2> We service the following areas: </h2>

Hope Ive been at least a small amount of help!
    -Nate