Mixing a little Acclaim with Trimec Plus

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HenryB, Jul 12, 2008.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone ever try this for better crabgrass control? I was thinking about adding a small amount of Acclaim to a Trimec Plus Mix to save some money.
  2. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

Read label Acclaim results will be hampered if mixed with anything else besides sticker
  3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Acclaim should not only be unmixed with another herbicide, especially a broadleaf, but you should not even apply a broadleaf control for 3 weeks before or after using Acclaim.... it's all there on the label, and even more info at the site on line.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

You can mix Drive w/ three-way, or use Q4 (which is essentially 3-way+Drive) :weightlifter:
  5. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure if you have ever tried this but I use Acclaim Extra with Sedgehammer and Momentum FX (In a backpack) it works great and have to make less trips to the truck for a different sprayer!!:clapping:
  6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Glad that worked for you, but if you did a search there is a thread here in which I exchanged several emails with the Acclaim manufacturer. They simply don't recommend mixing it. I wanted to mix it with calcuim acid methanaersonate. The product manager said no testing had been done, stated that Acclaim in general does not mix well, and suggested I not do it, which I didn't. I may experiment with this in my laboratory... my weed ridden backyard which has gone to the dogs, literally. Two squatting, urinating, over active females....
  7. HandyHomeMedic

HandyHomeMedic LawnSite Member

That reminds me, I have to go call my sister! :laugh:
  8. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

As expensive as acclaim is i mix it in a backpack, i dont know if you can mix it w/ other stuff but wasting it spraying broadleaf weeds would be a waste of money.