Mixing dry Fungicides

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kirk1701, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Yatt

Yatt LawnSite Member

So are you talking a non ionic surfactant and acidifying/buffering agent such as Li-700? We have pretty high PH in the water so I always use it to alleviate hydrolysis of the insecticide and fungicide.

2. Yatt

Yatt LawnSite Member

Off the top of my head, seem like I paid $50 or $60 bucks and it was either four or five pounds I can't remember. CPS has it in stock and there is no shipping.

I'll know shortly, I used the last of Sunday on the first cover spray for the apples.

3. all things green

all things green LawnSite Member

non-ionic surfactant.....PH is a local issue, here the PH is 7or a touch less...not so much an issue...But those are all things you need to consider based on local knowledge...SO if u need to buffer then , u buffer..I was speaking strictly about spreader/ stickers....

4. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Yatt
    Check my profile messages I think that should solve your problem with the PM

5. kirk1701

Hey guys

Totally new problem, just started about 5 or 6 days ago.

Contacted the guy at University of KY Dept. of Horticulture and at the time was told bacterial spot disease but think this is way past bacterial spot disease now?

Seems like all the leaves are falling off the peach tree's but the fruit don't seem to be affected? :confused:

Idea's, sugestions??

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

7. kirk1701

Riggle, [​IMG]
    I had my suspicions it was captan but had nothing to prove it because it started shortly after I sprayed last Tuesday.

Some April fools juke hu?

8. kirk1701

Yep, even makes more sence now why the grape vine looks like it too got hit with herbicide drift and I put all the herbs in the cabinet long time ago.

I sprayed it with the captan also. :hammerhead:

9. kirk1701

Riggle, got a response back from my contact at the U of KY and sent him the same pics I posted and more.

He still says bacterial leaf spot.
    The reason for the captan I am told is its the best choice for home growers that still takes care of most fungus.

And YES that was after I sent him the link to the PDF you posted and asked directly if it could be mistaken for Captan injury

10. kirk1701

Well first confirmation I have its not captan, finally found a label with a bit more specific and clear wording on the mix. He has me spraying 6.5 tablespoons to 4 gallon.

This comes off a southern ag label which is a lot stronger mix then I'm spraying: