1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mixing Granuler Ferts????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MOOSE, Apr 5, 2006.

1. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, Guys. I'm not a licensed applicator but have some knowledge but not enough to answer this question. I want to use snapshot in the beds of some of our clients that we do the maintenance on. I also want to fertilize all the plants, I usually throw 12-12-12 in the beds. Is it alright to use the snapshot and 12-12-12 together or do it in seperate apps.
  2. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I would think you'd want to do them seperate to keep the rates of each product where they need to be. (lbs./1,000) From a chemistry standpoint you're fine to mix them, but I think it'd be difficult to keep the ratio correct.I think they make some professional products with fert. in them for what you want to do. I think Preen has a professional line of products and also lebanon may have something with fert. Good luck, Marc
  3. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

You just threw yourself to the wolves on this forum, saying that you were going to use snapshot on accounts without any type of license.
  4. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I know I just threw myself out there, but there are many out there without licenses doing the whole 9 yards. I'm not doing it all. You have to have a license to spray roundup don't you, Yes. And yes it is sold in home depot. If it is illegal to put down then you should have to show a license to purchase it. My local Lesco dealer sold me snapshot and other things with a license or license #.

Not trying to start anything just wanted an answer to my question.
  5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Not to be a smart azz but if you had a license you wouldn't need to ask.
  6. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

OK Moose, consider yourself chastised. Slap yourself firmly on the wrist for your terrible, terrible sins, and do them as seperate applications. You'll never get them mixed correctly. Then go out and get a friggin' license.