mixing razor burn with ronstar?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Laidback03, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Laidback03

Laidback03 LawnSite Member

When mixing these two it is safe to spray plants.....right?
    I have been using razor burn for 1 week now, and am afraid to kill small plants or bushes.
    So i bought ronstar. I know ronstar is a pre and razor burn is a post.
    Should i just spray ronstar in bushes/plants with weeds that are post, or is it safe to mix the 2 together?

I.e juniper, sheplara's, fire bushes, holly boxwood schillings, indian hawthorne's.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

razor burn is a non selective herbicide meaning it will kill anything you spray it on. the active ingreedent is the same as in roundup plus it has something to make it work faster.
  3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Man, you better be careful where you are spraying Razor Burn, that is Glyphosate (chemical in Roundup) and a small amount of Diquat, which is nothing but a water use labeled Paraquat (think of agent orange) it is a contact burn down herbicide.

You have to be careful or you will be killing things you did not want to kill.

I take it you are using a liquid Ronstar and not the granules, you can spray them together and kill what is growing and the Ronstar will put down a barrier for no new weed growth once it mixes with the soil.
  4. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

i saw a bottle of razor burn that had pendi coupled with it, interesting