1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MK BX-3 Paver saw

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by NEUSWEDE, Mar 7, 2008.

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Anyone have one? Any Reviews?

I used one last year and looking to buy one and just wanted others input who have been using them for awhile.
  2. overgrownbill

overgrownbill LawnSite Member

Do not waste your money! It does not make clean cuts, the blade will bow out when you are cutting through a paver. Save your money and buy a better saw.

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

what do you suggest?
  4. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

I would go with a stihl or redmax cut off saw. i rented one a couple jobs i did and loved the stihl. i beleve there around 900.00 new
  5. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

I'd agree with what everyone is saying. I demoed that saw last season and wasn't impressed at all. I didn't have the wet kit for it but I used it on a job and hated the way it cut. I went back to my mk 101 wet saw. Shes alittle old and the tray rides shitty but cuts really good for the flat work I do. good luck on your dicison
  6. Majesticman

Majesticman LawnSite Member

We have 3 Stihl and one Partner. The Partner has not been used in years and is probably gummed up by now. The men say it is too heavy on long cuts. Go with Stihl. It is a couple of hundred more but lasts forever if you keep the filters changed and tight and starts within a couple of pulls. I just wish I had cases for them. Has anybody seen one?
  7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

:confused: I have used our Brick Extreme for the last 8 years, I use it on walls for caps and block, and in paver projects. It has been one of the best things in my experience for us. I took it in to have the brushes checked and it was still fine. I would highly recomend this saw, I always buy the best blades I can get so that may help. I also have the stand for it. Good luck.
  8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

If your going to be doing a lot of paver work the MK 2001 SV is a great saw and for walls the Partner k750 is another very good saw. If your going to be doing a lot of stone work you will need both of these saws but if your only doing one or two every couple years just rent them. Both of the saws mentioned above can be bought for around $2,200.00