1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

MK saw recomendation

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GroundScapesIncorporated, Aug 1, 2006.

1. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Ready to add a new (dry) paver saw.

looking at the MK BX-3 (Brick Extreme-with the sliding tray) $450

also looking at the PX-3 (Paver Extreme-with stationary tray) $750

Ive never used a saw with the sliding table/tray, just wondering from the guys that have are they worth an extra $300?

Thanks

2. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got this saw http://www.targetblue.com/node1269.asp Target Blue ps1411. I like the sliding tray, motor doesn't seem to have to work to hard. I lay my material down and push/pull the tray through the blade, no need to apply much pressure.

4. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought one of those harbor tool and freight saws. We mostly cut with a partner saws, so we dont make a lot of cuts on the table saw. We have used it on two jobs and so far it has worked great. I got saw and a one year replacement warranty for less than $200 bucks. How can you beat it. My father has a mk that we would borrow once and awhile when we did alot of radius bull nose and this saw works as good if not better, the mk was around $800. However the we have rented that dry cut mk saw once to do a job and i hated it. Its loud and dusty and doesn't have the power to cut a 12" bull nose. I would never buy one. A wet saw makes clean precise cuts and dust free. Every thing else can be cut with a handheld saw.