Mn Accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Dec 2, 2004.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am thinking of moving back up to MN sometime so I can egt rid of this BS competition. Everyone here charges $5-10 a cut, it's really hard to compete.

For those of you that don't know I moved from Minnetonka MN, To Denver in march 03. I really need to find bigger lawns that would be useful and profitable.

I just want to know for those of you in MN Mlps suburbs, how easy is it to gain about 30 customers in a year. I graduate in Jan and need to find out if it's worth the move??
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

are you moving back strictly for lawn care work? What did you graduate with? Can you use that degree instead?
  3. lawncare3

High School.

I could go to Dr school and still would do this.

This is all I want to do.
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

At least you know what you want to do. Most kids in high school don't have a clue. I'm glad to see the ambition. Most kids seem to lack it these days. Good luck to you.
  5. lawncare3

Thanks Mo-Green :) :) :) :)
  6. plowman

plowman LawnSite Member

Its all about how you advertise. It is hard to say how easy or hard is is to gain 30 customers. Not in any way is out of reach to get 30 customers you just have to be driven to advertise.

If you do come back please leave the $5-10 price there!!!!! HA HA

One thing I have learned is that in the Minnetonka Area there are a lot of guys doing what we do but the people in those areas are looking for quality not a cheap price. Be fair to yourself and others when you bid.

Hope this helps