Mo-deck ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Mo-Deck users. Can you tell me how many cans it will take to coat a 52" deck? Also does it really stop wet grass from sticking to the deck? And how often do you need to reapply it? Thanks for your input.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

John DiMartino
    LawnSite Addict

I give the Mo-deck a solid thumbs up ,this past week, we had thick, tall grass to cut, and this is where I used to have trouble. This time, when I mowed my lawn, I didn't have to stop, not once, and clean the deck, this is the first time I have been able to mow 7 acres without scraping the deck, with my Dixie chopper. Not only didn't I scrape, but I could've mowed even longer, but ran out of grass to cut. I think its worth the money in timed saved alone, not to mention the better cut a clean deck gives compared to one that the baffles are full of grass on. I still get a tiny bit of build up in the hooks of the baffles (on my Dixie Chopper), but before it was clogged in 10 minutes. I found one can will treat my 60" deck about 2 1/2 times.
    I found one can will treat my 60" deck about 2 1/2 times.
  3. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

Some grass still still sticks under my Dixie Chopper deck but not as much . It also scrapes out much easier. I've only treated the whole deck once but spray areas of build-up more often. I also spray Mo-deck on the blades and there's far less build-up and they clean much easier. I've used about one can in the first month and a half of use.
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

When I got my Mo-Deck, it was very dry here, so I didn't have to worry about wet grass sticking. When it is dry, you get what I consider even worse build up, the moisture from what green grass you have and dust seems to make concrete hard build up under the deck. 3 weeks ago I sprayed 1 deck and not the other to see the differance. I noticed I still got a slight build up, but after the first weekend I noticed under the deck and the hard build up had just fallen off over the weekend. Picture (naturally I have to take a picture :D) is below of some of what fell off.

Yesterday we finally cut some very wet (Dew) grass and the deck that was treated 3 weeks ago was still clean after mowing the first 5 lawns and the one that was not treated, had a lot of build up. I give Mo-Deck 2 thumbs up also. ;)

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, my experience is the same as Erics. My trailer has a pile of those chunks on the floor. I was mowing one morning, with heavy dew around 6:30 - 7:00. I would go to the edge of the property to a hump, and "hit" it with the Toro with the blades off and the build up would fall out.
    Without the MO-deck, it would have to be scraped.
    I have a 52" sfs deck and I think it took 1/2 to 3/4 of a can to coat it. I'm gonna treat it again over this coming weekend.
  6. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

See, I told you guys it worked.

Click the Store Link and buy some ;)

Chuck Keough
  7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Im down to my last can so ill have to be ordering soon. Man the Mo-Deck is a awesome discovery,I have the Toro SFS Deck do the the Dew build-up down here in southern IN.You start a eight and its wet untill one-oclock,but with the help of my Mo=Deck i only scrape maybe onece every two weeks,and thats on wet turf. I give Mo-Deck a 10 on the 1 to 10 scale, Ive been using two cans per month,well i guess since im on the net might as well place my order 5cans will get me through the rest of the season. Marks Mowing Service
  8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i am thinking about a can or 2:blob3:
  9. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

i hate scraping my deck and in 5 minutes its cloged again in wet grass.looks like i need to try this. are there any mowers that dont clog . i had a 36" snapper walkbehind that never cloged. but my 61"dane chariot does clog all the time.
  10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member