Mobil 1 10w30 in 27HP Kaw?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Luisto, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Luisto

Luisto LawnSite Member

Just turned over 8.9 hours on my new Lazer 27 HP liquid cooled Kaw. and changed the oil and filter today, as recommended after first 8 hours.

I used Mobil 1 10w30 to refill and haven't mowed with it yet but seemed to notice some discussion on not using syn type oils until well broken in...........

Would really appreciate professional guidance here, as I don't want to do something which could result in damage to my engine. Mobil 1 is highly visible on all Exmark products.

Guidance? Suggestions?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Luisto,

According the information I've read from the engine manufacturers and several synthetic suppliers your going to be just fine. That information states that you should wait until after the first oil change to run the synthetic oils. I have not read anything to contradict that information.

I personally however prefer to wait until the second or third oil change just to make sure everything is seated in good.

The Mobil 1 is already in the engine and all the experts say you'll be just fine.

Thanks

Terry

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Luisto,

I have the same mower.

I changed my oil at 9 hours with reg Pennzoil 10W-30, and again at 50 hours. Then I switched to Mobil-1 10W-30 at the 100 hour mark. I change mine between 50-70 hours with a new filter each time. Even with the Mobil-1 being one of the more expensive oils, I believe that regular changes will help it live a long and healthy life.

You should be fine with what you did. After all, the Corvette's come from the factory with it already in the pan!

4. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Kawi is doubling the warrantee if you use their $8/qt oil, personally I think its worth it for this mower (which I also run) after hearing a few people in the other forums discuss some problems with the engine, what does exmark think?

5. Luisto

Luisto LawnSite Member

Kaw will double the warranty? Where do you get that info and how do you abide. Hell, for $16.00 an oil change I certainly would double my warranty if given the chance, as I'm a private user and won't have that many oil changes.

Please give me the guidance to get on that deal if you have the direction, as I'm just at 8.9 hours now.

I haven't read problems with the Kaw27 liquid; What's going on there?

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Roscioli,

For the record all we can really do is direct you to Kawasaki. I really can’t say if it’s a good program or a bad program because I really don’t know. The engine warranties are all processed through the engine manufacturer and we don’t really have any control.

I am not familiar with the extended warranty program. The information I have on the standard warranty is that it covers defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years. What the extended warranty covers I do not know.

Thanks

Terry

7. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Luisto- Kawi will double the warrantee on the engine, ask your dealer for details, mine told me about the program. $16 an oil change isnt too bad for the double warrantee, but I just hate that its .75 cent oil they are selling, oil they dont even make, there is absolutely nothign special about it. I dont know too much about it, I just know I have to mail my form in soon!