Mobil 1 2 cycle synthetic oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by littlenic, Oct 30, 2005.

1. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

Has anyone used the Mobil 1 2 cycle synthetic oil. If you have, what is your experience. Thanks, littlenic
  2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I, did'nt know Mobil one had two cycle oil ,I'd be interested in experiences with it to.
  3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Its called Racing 2T last I heard, used to be MX2T and I have used it in my chainsaws, trimmers, and everything else I have. while it had no dye to tell mixed from straight gas, it worked WONDERFULLY. no smoke, great lubrication. I love it, but ran out, cant find anymore of it, and have to use dino oils again. either that, or I'm gonna go and buy me some full synthetic 2 stroke stuff from another brand.
  4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Have not used Mobil 1 synthetic 2 stroke, but I have used Amsoil full synthetic 2 stroke with excellent results.
  5. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have been using it for almost two years. It works great in all my 2 cycle equipment. It's called Mobil MX2T. There are two downsides.

1. There is no stabilizer so you have to add some for winter storage or use it all.
    2. The mix comes out clear so it can be hard for an employee to tell if the gas is mixed. I have heard that the new stuff had red dye but I have not used it yet.

I was buying it at Autozone but i'm not sure if they still stock it.
  6. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

We have been using Mobil Racing 2T (was sold as MX2T without dye) in all 2 cycle machines. Very clean burning. Only a light smoke at startup and spark arrester screen in muffler exhaust has not clogged yet. Spark plugs stay clean. It has a red dye in it now. Runs around 7 doller a quart at Advance Auto or last time we purchased on line in 6 quart case for same price after shipping. No stabil included so need to add separately at end of season. We mix at 50 to 1 ratio for everything. Good oil that is full synthetic.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I guess if you buy it by the quart it would pay to hang on to some of those small bottles that auto-mix (i.e.: pour and fill without thinking) such as ones Stihl sells. Still at $7/quart that's cheaper than the 1.75/mix bottle I've been paying thou a case lasts me 2-3 years.
  8. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

does anyone know the flashpoint of this mobil oil? so far, the oil that has worked best for me, has the lowest flash point, which would be echo syn 2 cycle oil, a great improvement over the shindaiwa and opti 2 oils.
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

here is a spec sheet from our up North neighbors

I use Amsoil and its flash is 114C.
  10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn Masters if you head towards Spring Hill they have the MX2T @ the Auto Zone I think infront of the new Super Wal-mart.