Mobil 1 in dixie chopper hydro's?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Bob Gipson, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Bob Gipson

Bob Gipson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I'm a mobil 1 fan, anyone tried it in dixie chopper hydro's. I know the company recomends schaffer synthetic, but I was thinking , why not mobil 1.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Depending on the year of the mower the use of Mobil 1 could make the hydro (steering) system harder to use. Any DC that is originally equipted with VTC oil has DC custom made valving in the hydro pumps that is optimzed for VTC oil.

3. Bob Gipson

Bob Gipson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I Guess I should have been a little more specific. The Chopper in question is a 1998 xw2500. It is a pre velvet touch control model. The sticker on the hyro tank spefcifies the use of 10w30 motor oil. I was just wondering if anyone had used mobil 1 specifically.

4. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

I don't know about the Choppers, but I use 15w-50 Mobile 1 in the engine and drive of my Bobcat Z and she's perfect. Been doing this about a yr. Russ

5. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

THAT IS WHAT EXMARK USES ,THEY CLAINM IT ELIMINATES THE NEED FOR A COOLER.

6. CPLLTT

CPLLTT LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

Mobil one will work just fine. Any synthetic oil will make the machine last longer, work better and run cooler. I'm an Amsoil man myself.

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I use shaeffers oil in a lot of our equipment,I wouldnt use Mobil1,the shaeffers has been excellent oil for us,it also provides a lot more startup protection than mobil 1,and costs less.