1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mobil1 or castrol oil

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cowboytim, Apr 4, 2008.

1. cowboytim

cowboytim LawnSite Member
    from MN

15w-50 synthetic. Is there any difference between the two or is mobil1 really better
  2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Don't listen to all the marketing crap particular one of the sponser here. Something about their oil is better and can go 25K between oil change. If you get the Major brand synthetic oil, they will be so close I doubt you can ever tell the difference even if you run them in two separate identical engines side by side. They both are synthetic base, should be better than convensional oil if you keep recomended oil change interval. If you half the change interval, I doubt you even see a difference compare to normal oil. If you are in very cold winter area, synthetic is better.

Just use oil, change oil more often and be happy!!!! If you are not happy, change oil........Almost as good as Prozac:laughing::laughing::laughing:!!!!

Joking aside, I had 3 cars bought new, two have 200K+ and one I sold at about 120K to my stepson, which he race for a while and sold it. I lost track of that one. The two are still running, I still have one. I just change oil every 3000 miles. Drive into gas station, any gas station and have them change oil. Never have problem, still sound very quiet. I don't use synthetic because I don't change oil myself and I don't trust they remember to use synthetic. My car last longer than I care to look at them!!!