Mobile 1

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by walk behind, Jul 11, 2004.

1. walk behind

walk behind LawnSite Member

I need to add a little to the hydralic fluid on my TTHP 15hp kaw to bring it up to the cold level. (The manual said to check at 40 hours). Does this look like the right synthetic oil (see attached). It says Mobile 1, 15w 50 on the bottle which is what the manual states, but since I purchased it at Walmart to save a trip to my dealer, I want to make sure it is the right fluid.

2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I put in my Z.

What about in the engin? I took my lazer back under warranty for a blown seel, and they said NOT to run Moble 1 (10W 30) in the engin, and only a Kohler filter.

But, then he proceded to tell me I coulod run a JD filter because it was made by Kohler.

I had been putting NAPA gold filters on all my equipment with out a problem for 6 years, and just switched to Moble 1 last season.
  3. Old Guy

Old Guy LawnSite Member

Sure looks like the right stuff. It's the same as what I have been using - at least it looks the same.
  4. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

Yes,that is the right oil.
  5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Yes, that is the correct oil.

I personally like OEM filters. I also like Mobil 1 in the engine as well as long as it's not a high hour engine that your converting from a petroleum based oil to the synthetic.