Mobile "irrigation"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corey4671, Aug 10, 2007.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

guys the drought is so bad around here that I have been contemplating buying one of those big poly tanks and a pump and hauling water from the river around to my yards to try and get them growing again. I know it sounds crazy, but is this idea feasiable or even realistic? Weigh in pro and con.

2. the x files

the x files LawnSite Member
    from NW GA

I have 4 tanks that will hold a total of 1200 gallons. I have been filling them up from the river and watering my yard and garden. Figure out how much it would cost you to water the lawns and see if some of your customers would pay to have it done.

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thats great! I thought I was the only one that had that idea pop into my head. I was thinking about buying this used water truck that someone was selling a few years back, never did though. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures! hahahahhahahaha

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We usually can't keep grass growing with irrigationn running 3 times a week when it gets into the 90F and above. Water usually has to be put on slowly so it would be hard from a tank.