Mobile Office....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jblawns123, Mar 11, 2006.

1. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

I use to have a dedicated mount for my laptop setup in my last truck. I wanted to be able to have the computer system in any truck or vehicle I go in. This is a really neat setup... Wait until I tell you the total I have into it (thanks ebay)

computer 001.jpg

2. jblawns123

The one power cord powers the laptop and printer and charges them both. I can print 350 pages on the printer battery, and almost 4 hours of use on the laptop with no power source.

computer 002.jpg

3. jblawns123

I have a laptop with wireless LAN, External mouse, Cable to use cell phone as modem for on the road, Memory stick for transferring company file to office computer and backing up, printer with battery, paper, brochures, business cards, and still room for more.

computer 003.jpg

4. jblawns123

HP printer tucked underneath, paper exits out a chute in the front of the laptop.

computer 004.jpg

5. jblawns123

This is in the position you would print, see the paper coming out of the front.

computer 005.jpg

6. jblawns123

Great tool for estimating on the spot. I can set it up ready to print in any vehicle or place in under 60 seconds.

Now for the greatest part...

Total cost.... Includes used Dell Pent III laptop, printer with Lion battery, ink, cables, mouse, memory card, hub, new high capacity laptop battery, Wireless PCMCIA card, and custom mobile office case.....

UNDER $600

(did I say "thanks ebay" yet)

computer 006.jpg

7. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup. That's just what I need. Price was right. Just spent $750 just on my laptop.

8. jblawns123

Yea, I am sure your laptop is newer than mine though, But Pentium III 650mhz is pleanty for running quickbooks, excel, and PROLandscape.

9. jblawns123

Last pic....

10. troy03

troy03 LawnSite Member

Thats exactly what I want to get set up im my truck.