Mod?????

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by 1BadHawk, Mar 4, 2005.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

The main aspect of this information forum is searching for answers to your questions.
    If you search through this part of the forum you will find the answer to this question. Which has been asked and answered more than few times and you won't have to waite for a mod to answer. But whatever!

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You can't reply to a thread in the marketplace forum.

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

you have 30 posts, you should have Pm privlages

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

This is why I said scan this section of the forum because this question is answered just about weekly. You have to have 25 post and one month. You have 2 more days to go

6. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

Didnt I just say that?

Besides, I didnt think this was as issue that warranted searching, since I thought it may be a personal account configuration problem.

Not to mention, the fact, that if this is such a commonly asked question, perhaps some thought may should be given to makeing this information more public, like a sticky in the appropriate forum.

7. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Easy kid,these people are trying to help you out.Criticizing them is'nt going to get you any if you don't calm down...

8. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

The reason you can't reply to anything in the marketplace forum is to keep people from "bumping" their ads back to the top. If this was done, things would get lost more than they already do. I'm sure there's other reasons too.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a "sticky" in that forum that addresses this...

The reason for the PM's is to keep down on spam.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the site!

Dan

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I agree, just sit back relax and have fun with the site. Every now and then you will run into problems, but you will learn so much and make some good friends at the mean time too

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

READ THIS!!! Posting Ad Guidelines & Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR AD.
    *DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR AD.

IF YOU INCLUDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR AD IT WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE. SAVE YOUR TIME AND FOLLOW THE RULES/INSTRUCTIONS.

Please follow these posting guidelines when starting a new sale thread. Ad's not following these guidelines will be deleted without notice.

Example 1: 1993 Grasshopper zero turn rider. 61 inch deck. 16.5 h.p. Kubota diesel. 900 hours. Very Good condition. Cincinnati, Ohio. $2800. Contact me via PM or phone 555-867-5309

Example 2: Package Deal! Includes Bunton 48" walk behinds, Toro 21" walk behind, Tanaka shears, Tanaka edger, trimmers, blowers, 16 foot trailer. Asking $9,000. Eastern Virginia. Contact me via PM or phone 555-867-5309

Want-to-buy ads will be done in the similar format.

*This forum does NOT allow conventional forum replies. You will receive inquiries via Private Message (PM) or Phone... DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. Include a general location like the examples above in order to assist potential buyers.

*LawnSite.com is NOT responsible for any transaction transpired via this forum. Be responsible when dealing with people you don't know and be very responsible to make sure you protect yourself. We hope that everyone can be honest and forthright but it does not always happen like that. Again, we take NO responsibility for any transaction done via this forum.