model interchange

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

what model tanaka is close to my echo srm-230? im thinking of replacing it with a better quality one.

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    The TBC-230 is a step up to the SRM-230. It has a solid steel drive shaft and is 2 lbs. lighter.

-MW

3. Frontier-Lawn

the reason im asking is i was using my backup 230, (since i have not picked up my main one from the shop yet.) but using it my hand/ elbow kept getting sore holding the throttle. its fine on my other equip just the 230 has been bugging me lately.

4. Frontier-Lawn

well i picked up my echo from service and asked about tanaka @ sarasota chain saw. they guy told me he only has one tanaka hand held, & he only Carry's the min needed to be able to sell your augers. :cry:

5. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    We can get you what you need. Call Mark James (615-533-7432), the master distributor sales manager for Gardner South. They are based in Jacksonville, FL and carry products to supply the Southeast.

If you have any questions, call me 1-888-482-6252.

-MW

6. Frontier-Lawn

do you have any product lit? i was looking for that for starters, when i was there.

7. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

8. Frontier-Lawn

mark i stoped by midway. they had the tbc-2501 on sale for $279. whats the diff between that one and the tbc-2510, besides the wieght?

9. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

The TBC-2510 came out in the mid 90's and then was replaced by the 2501. I think the 2510 might have come with the BRAIN head.

-MW